What follows is a list of categories that serves to define and divide us. Make a personal list of the categories you belong to or have conflict with and visual symbols that are associated with each. Aspirations and expectations should also be listed.
Age/generation - Our generation has a lot of stereotypes and it is unfair when dealing with individuals. I feel that at my age (17yrs), I need to be given more responsibility in my own life. Having to ask to go to the bathroom still at this age and needing parents' permission for everything is not right. How can you expect someone to go from being.
Arghast Moonthorne
Race - My race really doesn't have to much to do with my life. I feel this only separates us as a Human race. We are all human and we should all be treated alike. Skin color should only be used to describe people when you're in a situation that you need to find someone.
Class or caste - The class that I feel I ca never escape from is the stereotype that I'm rich and always getting good grades when in reality, this is far from the truth.
Personality - This is what can either make or break a person. By that, I'm saying tat you can't accept someone into your life without being okay with their personality. But with personality, you also risk losing people because they don't agree with your personality. This is what separates us from the pack and truly shows the individuality amongst us.
Intelligence - Intelligence in my book is measured by your ability to learn. This can make people become more accepting when dealing with individuality and other things. Being intelligent shows tat you want to better yourself and your surroundings.
Political persuasion - This is probably the biggest splitting force in our society. Everyone is almost forced to take a political stance and it has become a major issue. It's almost as bad as racism from the '60s but now with republican and democratic sides. This both binds friends together and yet separates them at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment